lunes, 22 de septiembre de 2008

The rocking- horse winner

In class we anilized some themes as ambition, selfishness, please, worring etc. In my opinion, these words describe very well the short story called the rocking - horse winner. For instance, the child's mother was very interested in money and her ambition was so big that her child started to worry about that. Her oldest child always tried to please her mother. However, he never could it. In addition, the little child was very anxiuos about get his mother's attention, but she was so selfish and her love for him was so few that the woman never realized that her own son only wanted to see her happy. For that reason, he all the time was thinking about the race because he knew that it was the only way to get a lot money in order to catch his mother attention. Additionally, his worring was so deep that his desesperation for knowing who was the next winner finished with his life. Apart from that, he never could achive his wish because when he was in his bed sick he said to his mother "I never told you, mother, that if I can ride my horse, and get there, then I'm absolutely sure - oh, absolutely mother, did I ever tell you? I am lucky
and his mother's answer was no you never did".

No hay comentarios: